Italiano English
   

Forte Michelangelo

Forte Michelangelo


-  Civitavecchia (Lazio)
Tel.

The Michaelangelo Fort was built to protect the Port of Civitavecchia. The fort was initiated in 1503 and finished in 1537 by Pope Paul III under the direction of Antonio da Sangallo il Giovane.  The local tradition has it that main tower of the fortress was designed by Michelangelo Buonarroti, hence the name of Forte Michelangelo.

 

« Back

 

Stampa 




Site updated on 18/11/2017